My favourite granola recipe
23rd January 2021
By Estelle Curiel
(Image Courtesy of Unsplash)
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But after months of being at home and trying to find ways of spicing up the monotony of everyday life, we’ve decided to help you out when it comes to brightening up your morning routine, with our yummy granola recipe. This fibre packed recipe is a great alternative to store bought granola and easily forms clusters. It is perfect to top fruit and yogurt or by itself for a snack. It is inspired by Deliciously Ella’s chewy granola clusters.
· 120g rolled oats
· 45g ground flaxseeds
· A large handful of slithered almonds
· A large handful or another chopped nut (I like hazelnut or pistachios)
· A large handful of pumpkin seeds
· 2tbs of coconut oil
· 4tbs of maple syrup, golden syrup, or honey
1. Preheat your oven to 180C, fan setting
2. Put your oil and syrup in a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil for a couple of minutes
3. Mix your dry ingredients together
4. Pour the hot liquid into your dry ingredients and mix until well combined
5. Pour the mixture onto a lined baking sheet and pat down evenly
6. Bake in the preheated oven from 20-25 minutes, turning the sheet halfway through
7. Leave your granola to cool down for at least 15 minutes then break into clusters
8. Store in an airtight container
And there it is – simple but really filling and super yummy!
If you decide to try our recipe, we’d love to hear what you think! Get in touch in the comment section.